As the U.S. Congress continues to stifle comprehensive immigration reform, we’re promoting questions to municipalities, governors and state agencies in how to pave the way for citizenship.
We’re following the work of award-winning journalist Jose Antonio Vargas, who bravely outed his status as an undocumented immigrant in his terrific piece “My Life As an Undocumented Immigrant.” In the spirit of Vargas’ project for narrative-driven immigrant accounts, “Define American”, we’re hoping to crowd-source powerful immigration reform appeals on AskThem.
It takes two minutes to create your own campaign:
- Petition the bi-partisan “gang of eight” against congressional stalemate…
- Urge the Department of Homeland Security eliminate the controversial deportation program targeting non-violent immigration violators…
Take a couple of minutes to sign on to recent questions you’d like to hear responses to:
- How does Jose Antonio Vargas narrate the long-standing impacts of familial separation?
- When will the Enlist Act make it to the floor for a vote?
- How can state and localities guide the implementation of immigration reform? http://www.askthem.io/questions/536d1553d535cf7083000005
- Will Governor Cuomo advance the Dream Act in the Senate?
- What impact will Municipal ID Card have on NYC immigrant communities?